Snake Bite First Aid Kit
Price: $ 19.95
A handy Belt Pack for the treatment of Snake Bites.
This compact kit can be easily tucked away when outdoors, placed in the car glovebox, or even your carry bag.
Small soft nylon case with belt loops & zipper opening.
Kit Size – L12 x H10 x D4 cm.
Keep the casualty still and quiet and apply a broad pressure Bandage/s along the entire bitten limb if possible, which will slow absorption of the venom through the body via the lymphatic system.
- Call triple zero (000) and ask for Ambulance.
- Place a Dressing over wound/bite and apply pressure immobilisation Bandages firmly along the limb (but not so tight as to cut off circulation), both below and above the bite, starting at the fingers or toes.
- Mark the bite site on the outside of the bandage for future hospital reference.
- Keep casualty still & quiet. Restrict movement of the limb. Splint if possible.
- Keep limb level with the rest of the body.
- Do not wash away venom, as it will be needed to determine the anti-venom.
- Do not cut bitten area.
- Do not try to suck venom out of wound.
- Do not apply an arterial tourniquet.
- Do not remove the Bandages.
- Do not approach or try to catch the snake.